Your Library User ID is the number under the barcode on your student card. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of the same number.
Databases off campus
Renew checkouts online
Library Login Help
For Online Reading:
For Offline Reading:
Creating a my EBSCOhost account
Creating a my EBSCOhost account is necessary to check out/download ebooks to your machine.
- Go to: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) listed on Georgian College Library's list of databases.
- Near the upper-right corner, click "Sign-In"
- Click "Create a new Account"
- Fill in the form. Remember your User Name and Password.
- Congratulations! You have created your own my EBSCOhost account.
Go back to step 2, input your user name and password, then click Login.
Finding EBSCOhost eBooks
- Go to: http://library.georgiancollege.ca
On the right-hand side, click "Browse Databases A-Z" (or hover over the "Resources" tab and click "Databases A-Z")
- Scroll down to find and click "eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)"
- Type in any search term(s) then click Search
- Congratulations! A list of downloadable eBooks displays in the search results
Downloading EBSCOhost eBooks
Note: Downloading eBooks is only required if you plan on reading it offline; click "eBook Full Text" to read online without downloading.
- Within the search results, underneath the book title, Click "Download (Offline)"
- If you have not created a My EBSCOhost account and signed in, then you will be asked to do so.
You must create a My EBSCOhost account to download eBooks. Once your account is created, please sign in.
- Once signed in, next to "Checkout Period", select the number of hours you wish to borrow this eBook.
Click "Checkout & Download" to begin downloading the eBook.
- You should then see the following message: The eBook was checked out successfully.
- In addition, you should also see a pop up window asking where you like to save the the URLlink to the eBook.
Choose a destination and click "Save"
- Once the download is saved, click it to open it
- Adobe Digital Editions begins downloading the actual eBook
- Congratulations! You are now able to view the eBook offline. Click icons for table of contents, zooming, etc.
chat loading... if this message persists, please try reloading your page.