Your Library User ID is the number under the barcode on your student card. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of the same number.
Databases off campus
Renew checkouts online
Library Login Help
Getting started with Library eBooks
Two ways to read eBooks:
1) Read online (using computer & web browser) - just click the PDF full text icon.
2) Read offline (downloading ebooks for a period of time to read later on your laptop, tablet or mobile device)
- Input keywords in our "Multisearch" search box; click Search
- On the left hand side, under "Source Types"--click "Show More"; Check the "eBooks" checkbox. This will limit the list to only eBooks.
If you want to read an eBook on your laptop, tablet or mobile device, please follow the steps below.
Installing / Creating an Account on Adobe Digital Editions for eBooks
Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions is free software that allows you to download and read ebooks offline. You will be required to create an Adobe I.D. account.
- Go to: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html
You may be prompted to click your appropriate geography/language. (In this example we clicked "Canada-English")
- Click the blue "Windows" link to begin downloading Adobe Digital Editions.
- Download & Install
Save the file to your local computer. Depending on which browser you're using, you may have the option of choosing where your downloaded file should go, or it may automatically download to your "Downloads" folder.
(Detailed download instructions for various browsers are available in the PDF)
Alternatively... You can also install the Adobe Digital Editions App on your mobile device. Launch the app and follow the prompts to authorize yourself (similar to computer directions above).
Creating an Adobe Digital Editions Account
- Immediately after installing Adobe Digital Editions, a popup window will ask to authorize your
computer. Selecting “Adobe ID” in the dropdown menu will reveal a blue link;
Click “Create an Adobe ID”
- This will bring up a sign in website; click “Get an Adobe ID” to actually sign up for an account.
- After you filled in the form and clicked “Sign Up”, you will see your Adobe ID underneath the
“My information” section; your Adobe ID will be the same as your email.
Installing Bluefire Reader for Android for eBooks
Installing Bluefire Reader on an Android mobile device
Within the Android app store, search for Bluefire Reader:
Installing Bluefire Reader for iOS for eBooks
Installing Bluefire Reader on an iOS Mobile Device
Within the app store, search for Bluefire Reader:
chat loading... if this message persists, please try reloading your page.