Internet Explorer (IE) has been discontinued by Microsoft and their support discontinues in June 2022.
Acceptable browsers include:
- Microsoft Edge
Databases requiring specific browsers will be noted in the database description.
Browser & software requirements
The library website and many of our databases are optimized for the last few browser versions.
If you are having difficulty with the library website or individual databases, and have already verified your PIN, but still cannot access a database please consider:
- are your security settings set to "high"? some content might be limited
- try clearing your cache or history and restarting your web browser:
- your cookie settings - not accepting cookies might limit your access
- is Adobe Reader installed / up to date - needed for accessing PDF files
- is Adobe Flash Player installed / up to date - needed for viewing video files and more
- is your Internet service provider using a proxy? If so, you may need to contact them for assistance
Need to contact us? Send us a screenshot of your error(s) or problem by email, so we can better understand what's happening.
Video display on Tablets & Mobile Phones
Some of the library resources feature streaming video sources
Please note that some sources may not be optimized for display on tablets or mobile phones
Website & Calendar Display
Library Website & Research Guides
- The Library website displays properly in the most recent versions of all major browsers
- Some features of these sites may have compatibility issues with older versions of Internet Explorer (including compatibility view settings)
- Library calendars display best in Firefox, Chrome & Safari.
Mobile & Accessible
- Mobile and accessible versions of all library pages are under development
- Access to mobile version of MultiSearch, Research Guides, and research help are already available
- Try accessing http://library.georgiancollege.ca/ on your mobile phone
- Full size iPads & other tablets may default to the full version of our site - scroll to the bottom and select "mobile" to view in mobile browser mode
chat loading... if this message persists, please try reloading your page.